Starting off by exploring MetaMask, which is also known as ETH wallet, it discovers blockchain applications in a matter of seconds and is trusted by more than a million users globally. MetaMask is equipped with a token wallet, key vault, secure login, and token exchange—everything you need to manage your digital assets.
In addition to this, it is available as a browser extension and a mobile app. The most straightforward and safe way to connect to blockchain-based applications is using MetaMask.
If you are a MetaMask user, this blog post especially for you as it will be going to cover various queries raised by MetaMask users. Giving you a brief notion about what will we are going to cover - We will get to know the way to reset the MetaMask account along with the effects of the MetaMask reset account. In addition to this, we will explore the approach to deleting the compromised account.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s jump into the details. First, we will begin by exploring the method to delete compromised MetaMask account.
Also Read MetaMask Chrome Extension
How to take out the specific MetaMask account?
As we know, MetaMask allows you to create more than one account, but what if you have created an account which is no longer in use, so you want to delete it?
Well! Don’t worry! It is possible can get rid of unwanted MetaMask accounts. By following the below-given instructions, certain accounts' data on MetaMask can be deleted from the website.
- Open the app and select the account that you want to delete. To do this, click the Identicon of MetaMask, now the list of accounts will be shown to you so choose the account from there.
- Once the account has been chosen, click on the three vertical dots (menu option) next to the account name. The option to remove the account will be available in the dropdown menu.
- To finish your task, just press the “Remove Account” option.
You can remove a specific account from your MetaMask wallet in this manner. Now we will discuss how to reset your MetaMask wallet, but before heading towards the method we will get to know why you might need to reset your account.
The reasons which lead you to reset your wallet
- You wish to establish a new MetaMask wallet with a new Secret Recovery Phrase in order to discontinue using your current one.
- Your password needs to be reset, maybe because you forgot it.
How can you reset your MetaMask wallet?
Whatever the reason behind resetting your wallet, the process will remain the same. Follow the instructions mentioned below.
- The first thing you must do is remove MetaMask. You must do this via the extension settings in your browser rather than the app itself. For instance, you may just right-click the extension icon in the upper right corner of Chrome and select "Remove from Chrome”.
- Install MetaMask once again.
- You'll get a welcome message when you reinstall the MetaMask Extension. Click the link. You'll now have the choice of “Import wallet” or “Create a wallet”. In this instance, we merely want to import because we're resetting.
- Type your selected password and your secret recovery phrase in lowercase only.
Now the question that probably will come into your head is- If I reset my MetaMask wallet will I lose everything? Calm down! There is nothing to worry about.
What happens when you reset MetaMask?
Resetting your wallet will entirely delete it on your device, forcing you to restore it using your Secret Recovery Phrase. Your transaction history will be erased when you select "Reset account”, but your wallet will remain unharmed.
In this descriptive blog post, I’ve driven the solutions for all the common queries raised by MetaMask login users. If you’ve made it this far, hopefully, you’ve enjoyed and found this read helpful.
Wrapping up this read by providing crucial information that user accounts cannot be permanently deleted with MetaMask. This website utilizes the Ethereum blockchain, and the blockchain does not let users entirely cancel their wallet accounts.
However, customers have the option to delete a certain account from their wallet. Simply uninstalling MetaMask from the browser extension will allow a user to delete all of their MetaMask wallet accounts at once.