If a person loses his tooth due to any injury or disease, it may lead to difficulty chewing, defective speech or bone deterioration. In such cases, one can go for a dental implant.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots surgically implanted to replace a missing tooth. This helps restore a person's ability to chew. It can also help improve the patient's oral health.
This blog comprises all the information one needs before a dental implant shared by a best dentist in Gurgaon at Aspen Dental. Keep reading to know more.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are artificially made tooth roots that act as tooth replacements. The dental implant surgeon inserts an implant that acts as the anchor for a crown-like replacement tooth into the jawbone using tools that look like screws.
Why Do I Need a Dental Implant?
Dental implants help in oral health and the overall functioning of the mouth. If one loses a tooth and doesn't replace it, it can have bigger consequences in the future. Dental implants help in healthy chewing and keep every tooth firmly in place.
It also promotes a strong jawline and prevents bone degeneration. The jawbone may degenerate if a tooth is lost or extracted without a replacement. This occurs because chewing pressure and stimuli help in protecting the jawline.
Benefits of Dental Implant
There are many benefits associated with dental implants. These are:
- Help in maintaining the smooth function of the mouth
- Promoted oral health
- Helps in chewing
- Improves the appearance of the mouth
- It helps in protecting the bones by the side
- Prevents bone loss
- Keeps adjacent teeth stable
- Permanent solution
- Promotes quality of life.
Procedure of Dental Implants
The complete procedure of dental implant is permanent and thus takes sessions over a few months. Here is what one may expect in a dental implant surgery.
- On the first visit, The specialist will check the condition and recommend the best dental implant for the patient.
- Next, the tooth root implant, made of a small titanium post, is inserted into the hollow bone socket of the missing tooth.
- After this, the doctor schedules the next session after 6 to 12 weeks, giving enough time for the jawbone to heal properly. During this time, the implant anchors properly in the jaws.
- Once the root is in place, the doctor will place an abutment to hold the new tooth tightly.
- For the new tooth, the doctor will take an impression of the patient's all teeth.
- Once this new tooth, also called the crown, is ready, it is placed on top of the abutment..
- The doctor ensures that the new tooth looks, feels, and functions like the old one.
Dental implants are the best solution for anyone suffering from tooth loss. They have health as well as aesthetic benefits. If anyone is considering dental implants, it is best to consult the experts like doctors at Aspen Dental Clinic. They make sure to provide the best service at the most affordable price. To know more about dental implant cost in Gurgaon, visit Aspen Dental Clinic today!