Root canal treatment is a dental procedure that relieves pain caused by an infected tooth and also helps save the natural tooth. The unhealthy pulp is taken out during the root canal treatment. After disinfecting and cleaning the internal surfaces of the tooth, a filling is placed to close the opening. Before beginning the root canal, best dentist in Gurgaon at Aspen Dental, perform dental X-rays of the affected tooth. This makes it possible to assess the extent of the injury and ensure that root canal treatment is the best course of action. The steps that are carried out during the root canal procedure are as below:
- Anesthesia: Firstly, local anesthesia is administered to numb the infected tooth and the surrounding gums. Some medications are also used to help one relax and feel comfortable. These include nitrous oxide, oral sedatives, or intravenous (IV) sedation.
Note: Sedation is recommended if one struggles with dental anxiety.
- Dental Dam Placement: A small rubber dam is placed over the area before initiating the root canal treatment. This helps to keep the tooth dry during the treatment and isolates it.
- Access the Hole: After this, a small opening is made in the tooth's crown to access the pulp.
- Removal of Pulp: The infected nerves, blood vessels, and tissues inside the tooth are removed using teeny dental instruments.
- Shaping the Canals : The pulp chamber and root canals are cleaned, sanitized, and shaped once the pulp has been removed.
- Filling the Canals : Gutta-percha, a flexible, rubbery dental material, is then used to fill the empty canals.
- Tooth is Sealed : The tooth is then sealed with a temporary dental filling to prevent the bacteria from reappearing.
- Placing the Restoration : In most cases, one needs a dental crown to protect the tooth and restore the bite. The crowns are customized, and fabrication typically requires two to three weeks. permanent crown is placed.
Experiencing tooth pain or swelling in the jaw can be painful. Fortunately, root canal treatment can help remove infection to make one feel better quickly. If one suspects they have an infected tooth, one must book a consultation with the RCT experts at Aspen Dental right Prompt treatment can prevent infection from spreading and relieve pain so one can get back to normal.
The number of appointments needed for root canal treatment will depend on the severity of the infection in the tooth. A root canal usually takes around 30 to 60 minutes to complete. A larger tooth with several roots may require an hour and a half.
To know more about Root Canal Treatment Cost in Gurgaon , pay a visit now at Aspen Dental Clinic.