If you are a crypto trader and using an online platform or wallet for trading purposes, setting up two-factor authentication can be a wise move. As a regular investor, you might be well aware of this fact and already enabled 2-factor authentication in your account.
Are you also one of them? If yes! Do you know how can you recover the 2FA in case you have lost it?
Well! There is nothing to worry about if you are not familiar with the same as this read is entirely crafted to let you know the intact process of recovering your 2-factor authentication.
So, if you are an Uphold user and using the 2FA method for accessing Uphold login, you may follow this read to acknowledge the way of recovering 2-factor authentication.
Approach to recover 2FA if you’re logged in to Uphold
Here are the steps to recover if you are already logged in to your Uphold account and have your security key with you.
For Mobile app:
- Open your Uphold login account and click on the 3 dots to open the menu.
- Go to the “Settings” option and then press “Security”.
- After this, select the link “Recover 2-factor authentication access”.
- Now, proceed to pick “Use your security key backup” and follow the instructions prompted further to complete the process.
For Web wallet:
- If you’re logged in, open the menu by clicking 3 dots.
- Click on the “More” button to open the full menu and hit the “Security” option.
- Here, from the prompted page, select the option “Recover 2-factor authentication access”.
- Next, click “Security key backup” and follow the prompts to finalize.
Approach to recover 2FA if you’re not logged in
If you are not logged in to your Uphold account and want to recover 2FA, you may proceed by following the below-mentioned instructions.
For Mobile app:
- Open the Uphold login page and click on the link “Already have an account? Log in”.
- Input the login ID and password and tap the “Having problems with the code?” link available on the following page.
- Next, pick up the “Security key backup” option and follow the prompts to proceed further.
For web wallet:
- First of all, visit the Uphold login page.
- Now, provide the email and password in the designated fields.
- Afterwards, press the “Having problems with the code?” located at the bottom of the page.
- Press “Security key backup” and proceed by following further prompts.
The Bottom Line!
Uphold wallet is one of the most secure ways to hold and manage your assets, and enabling two-factor authentication provides the safest Uphold login access. Not only in Uphold but in any account which allows you to enable 2FA, setting up 2FA is the wisest move to provide an extra shield to your account.
Did you also set up the 2-factor authentication in your Uphold account but lost access or forgot the code and now want to recover it? No matter if you are using a mobile device or PC, you can follow the read carefully and can recover your 2FA successfully but make sure to keep the security key handy.